Need compilation help with Valentina 4.9 C++ ADK on Mac OS X

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Thu Mar 29 18:31:06 CDT 2012

On Mar 29, 2012, at 10:00 AM, valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 02:09:14 +0300
> From: Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>
> To: "valentina at lists.macserve.net" <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
> Subject: Re: Need compilation help with Valentina 4.9 C++ ADK on Mac
> 	OS X
>
> On 3/29/12 12:16 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mathew,
>
>>> 1) this is types from Carbon.h world
>>>
>>> 2) what XCODE you use?
>>>  what SDK is assigned for your project ?
>>>  We building against 10.6 SDK
>>>  It seems 10.7 SDK do not contains Carbon at all.
>>>

>> I am using Xcode Version 4.3.2 (4E2002).
>> For this project, the Base SDK is Mac OS X 10.6.
>> Also my Mac OS X Deployment Target is Mac OS X 10.6.
>
> May be there is sense jump right to todays build  5.0b20 ?
>
> It is made exactly with xcode 4.3.2 and 10.6 SDK ...
> And it seems week ago examples was tested

I have installed and tried to compile using VSDK 5.0b20.

It fails with the same problems.

I searched online and some people seem to be saying that compiling Carbon-based apps
has been deprecated on Xcode 4.3.2 on Mac OS X 10.7.
(Even though you can RUN Carbon-based apps on 10.7).

Has anyone at Paradigma been able to compile using the VSDK using Xcode 4.3.2 on Mac OS X 10.7?

- Matthew