DateTimeStamp - can I set vDB to automate my DTStamp?

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Sat Mar 24 18:44:31 CDT 2012

Hi Barry,

On 2012-03-25, at 00:39, Barry G. Sumpter wrote:

> Is there a way to automate Valentina to do the DateTimeStamp work for me?

perhaps I'm way to tired, but do you want Valentina automatically create a timestamp when you insert or update a record?

Then you need a trigger, I attached two of mine below.

Btw. when connecting to Valentina, I put the current OS user name as a connection property so I can set the name automatically.

Hope this is what you asked for.

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord

CREATE OR replace TRIGGER "TRCArticle_BI" BEFORE INSERT ON "TRCArticle"

FOR EACH ROW

	BEGIN
		new.creationStamp = now();
		new.changeStamp = now();

		declare cUser VARCHAR(256);
		Set cUser = get property currentUser of connection;

		new.creationUser = cUser;
		new.changeUser = cUser;
	END;

CREATE OR replace TRIGGER "TRCArticle_BU" BEFORE UPDATE ON "TRCArticle"

FOR EACH ROW

	BEGIN