DROP CONNECTIONS OF DATABASE

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Mar 20 08:31:28 CDT 2012

On Mar 20, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Fabian Kneubuehl wrote:

> Hi Ruslan
>
> That does not the job I am searching for. Think: I have a server and 3 clients. At night the Windows service makes a BACKUP, REINDEX and COMPACT for maintenance and then for health care of DB it runs a DIAGNOSE. So far all works as expected. If the DIAGNOSE returns an error status, I start a CLONE – no problem. Then I .Throw the DB and rename the repaired files and register the DB. – All works as expected!
>
> But if our application still runs on one or more of the three clients mentioned above, I cannot .Throw, .UnregisterServer or anything else to delete the 4 DB files. The only way I found is to write a file x then reboot the server and on start of the service, if the file x is present, I can delete the 4 files and rename the clone.

You should do it in two steps:
Firstly - drop all the connections to this db
Then, unregister database from the vServer.

That is all to get db is closed and not available. Now you can restore files.... After that - register the database to vServer back.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database