Shocked to find can't init valentina with LiveCode

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Mar 8 14:54:36 CST 2012

On 3/8/12 5:49 PM, "Mike Bonner" <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Sorry for late jump, today is holiday here ...

1) yes Valentina_Init() and
          Valentina_InitClient() use different parameters.

Have you found this document:
    http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/v4/V4REV_Reference_4_en.pdf

Here is described in details each V4REV function.
And Oops. I see that initClient() do not show params in this document.
I will fix this asap and drop note here that new  PDF is uploaded.

Another secret.  In Valentina WIKI, we have the most up to date API Section
not bound to any language. This can be named Model of Valentina API.

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:api
:api>

> I'm finally figuring things out, I believe valentina_initClient doesn't
> require a serial (and i can't make it work if I put one in) not sure it
> even takes a cache size.

RIGHT.

ANY Valentina client is FREE and can be used for FREE.
No need serials here.

And few months ago, we have add into InitClient( cacheSize ),
To improve things on client side.

> valentina_init() DOES take cache size and serials. I think the premise is
> that if you're using the client version you must have a valid license for
> one of the valentina servers so that the serial for the adk isn't needed in
> that situation.

exactly

> Found all the example stacks thx to barry that came with the adk. Have NO
> idea how long i've been fighting all this stuff for so long using the wiki
> tutorial. Gave up every time I tried but hey, with the example stacks there
> are actual working setups that can be ripped apart so i'm suddenly in happy
> land.

I don't know why it was hard to found examples...

Folder
        My Documents/Paradigma Software/ADK_XXX

Should be mentioned in the ReadMe  and is same for all our ADKs.

If any more questions -- please ask here