Datediff differences in US and Europe

jda jda at his.com
Fri Jun 29 07:50:11 CDT 2012

On Jun 29, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Ivan Smahin wrote:

>> BTW, I'm open to any other suggestion about how to determine, in
>> SQL, if a record was added within a certain time X before the
>> present. That is
>>
>> select * from t1 WHERE dateAdded > current time - 14 days
>>
>> Jon
>
> select * from t1 where datediff( now(), f1, 'day') > 14

Sorry, but it's not working. I tried this

datediff( now(), 'dateadded', 'day') > 14

(and variants thereof) with no success.

What is "now" for Valentina on a Mac. Is it the seconds after 1/1/1904
(which is how Macs deal with dates)? This is why we had the problem in
the first place, because we had to subtract the date 1/1/1904 from
now() to do the comparison.

Would you please try this yourself? It shouldn't be this difficult.

We can pursue this off-list.

Thanks,

Jon