LiveCode/Valentina - SQL INSERT with bindings returns error

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:43:26 CDT 2012

Sorry, was replying to another message and seem to have accidently wiped
out the question text.  Sec and I'll add the question to it.

Here is the original. Sorry, I shouldn't answer things this early in the
morning. (This Was from wtng)

BACKGROUND: I have 4 entry fields (name is prefix with ef….) on a livecode
stack and an ADD button. Database/Table/Field references all done and
stable in card script.****

** **

When I enter:****

** **

*   put* field efCode into tArray[1]****

   *put* field efCost into tArray[2]****

   *put* field efDescription into tArray[3]****

   *put* field efPrices into tArray[4]****

      ****

   *get* VDatabase_SqlExecute (mDatabase, "INSERT INTO pricelist (code,
cost, description, prices) VALUES (:1,:2, :3, :4);", tArray)****

** **

** **

This fails with the error:  “7004 Using clause required for dynamic
parameters.”****

I did not expect this as the V4Rev reference does not have ’USING’ in this
function’s syntax.****

** **

Have I missed something?****

**