Unusual behaviour [Valentina with LIVECODE API, Converting BitSets to ArraySets]

wtng wtng at pacific.net.sg
Wed Jun 20 02:56:43 CDT 2012

Following on from 1st e-mail, additional tests:

When I write:

   put VField_FindValue (fldCode, "E001") into tBitSetRef

   put VSet_Count(tBitSetRef) into tCount

   put tCount after field efDisplay

I will get 1 appearing (correct as only one record with code E001).

BUT when I write:

   put VField_FindValue (fldCode, "E001") into tBitSetRef

   put VArraySet_FromBitSet (tBitSetRef) into tArySetRef

   put VSet_Count(tArySetRef) into tCount

   put tCount after field efDisplay

I don't hang...but I don't get any output in field efDisplay as well???
Nothing happens!

I am trying to get comfortable with converting BitSets to ArraySets but
right now, I seem to be doing something wrong.

rgds

Wee tong

Btw, I am using Valentina 4.8.1 with Livecode 4.6.4