can I query raw bits using bit logic in a huge RS database?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jun 10 02:20:54 CDT 2012

On 6/10/12 1:47 AM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

Hi Aaron,
Hi Kem,

Can you describe in more details your db parameters as you see that now.

* 3 billion records ... In single table?  Or this is total for e.g. 100
tables?

> I need to store variable-lengths of raw bits in a database, and query them

* What is expected size of this bits ?

* such query will go without index, so will not be very fast ...
 do you have any time limits on query ?

* what hardware you going to use for this db?
      RAID?  CPU? ...

* this will be single db in some office or you need install hundreds copies
of it worldwide?