updating database in different location

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Jun 1 12:41:56 CDT 2012

On 6/1/12 8:34 PM, "william humphrey" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> I see that there is exactly the utility I need for merging two databases for
> SQLite. It is called SQLiteSyn. It's too bad there's not something like that
> for Valentina databases. SQLabs slr

I guess it will work only for dbs in 100 records normally

> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:07 PM, william humphrey <bill at bluewatermaritime.com>
> wrote:
> OK - I realize that's too hard. But can someone give me some simple
> instruction on hosting vServer on a commercial server, like one of my goDaddy
> websites or on drop-box like the way mine craft is hosted there. I have only
> used vServer on my local network. Since my connection to the internet is too
> too flaky I can't use one of my computers to host vServer.
>
> Can anyone help me?

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:31 PM, william humphrey <bill at bluewatermaritime.com>
> wrote:
> Is there a way to merge to different databases with SQL? One database has new
> data and the other has different new data and I'd like to merge that data.

This task has general name replication.

> Maybe it would be less of a problem if I have one database which we export
> with SQL everything new after a certain date and then import that into the
> other database (ignoring any changes in that database) and just adding the new
> data on at the end. Is this something that can be done without risking
> corrupting of data and all the indexes and links?
>
> The problem is the lack of internet connection in the other location.

Describe your task at first please

You need do this once?
Or regullary, when some device becomes online ?

Usually solution is based on

* on db is named master

* second db is named slave

* each table has additional TimeStamp field
  each change of record should modify this
 then it is easy enough recognise records that was changed