Datediff differences in US and Europe

jda jda at his.com
Sun Jul 1 18:17:48 CDT 2012

> Jon,
>
> So problem is that when your app runs on German OS
> your hard-coded   '01/01/1904'  value  becomes wrong?
>
> Well, fix is simple enough I think.
>
> You know that exists
>    Vdatabase.DateTimeFormat,
>    Vdatabase.DateSep
>    Vdatabase.TimeSep
>
> So you can on start of your app assign that
>
>    .format = kMDY
>    .DateSep = '/'
>    .TimeSep = ':'
>
> Now these settins will be used for any OS.
> And your hard-coded values will be valid

Hi Ruslan,

I had no idea those functions were updated in real time, I thought they were set by the language of the database (mine is always set to en). I tested and see that they actually update when the user changes the language (in the international settings). But even better, as you point out, I can set it.

Problem solved!

Thank you.

Jon