Datediff differences in US and Europe

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jul 1 14:13:53 CDT 2012

HI

> Ruslan,
>
> Please read my posts again, carefully.
>
> I do NOT use Valentina date and time fields,
> I use my own fields (doubles)

Ok, but why by the way?
What reason was ?

DOUBLE is 8 bytes,
Our DATE field is 4 bytes ...

> and save the Mac date and time data.

You mean current date and time,
Yes?

> It works, and has for many years.

ok

> I've been using an SQL search that let's me get records entered after a
> relative date:
>
> datediff( now(), '01/01/1904', 'seconds')

> and it works for Engish! But the *stupid* function is language sensitive, so
>
>      '01.01.1904'
>
> is required if the language is German.
>
> And God knows what it is for Russian!

Jon,

So problem is that when your app runs on German OS
your hard-coded   '01/01/1904'  value  becomes wrong?

Well, fix is simple enough I think.

You know that exists
    Vdatabase.DateTimeFormat,
    Vdatabase.DateSep
    Vdatabase.TimeSep

So you can on start of your app assign that

    .format = kMDY
    .DateSep = '/'
    .TimeSep = ':'

Now these settins will be used for any OS.
And your hard-coded values will be valid