App Store rejection

jda jda at his.com
Tue Jan 24 17:42:25 CST 2012

>> install_name_tool: for architecture x86_64 object: /Developer/Cocoa/Builds/Release/Apimac Notepad.app/Contents/vcomponents/libicucore.A.dylib malformed object (unknown load command 8)
>
> I can fix this getting rid of the change id of icu command
> 	# change id of ICU dylib
> #    install_name_tool -id "@executable_path/../vcomponents/libicucore.A.dylib" "$app_vcomp"/libicucore.A.dylib
>

>> codesign_allocate: can't allocate code signature data for: /Developer/Cocoa/Builds/Release/Apimac Notepad.app/Contents/vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib (for architecture i386) because larger updated load commands do not fit (the program must be relinked using a larger -headerpad value)
>>

>> /Developer/Cocoa/Builds/Release/Apimac Notepad.app/Contents/vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

Erne, what's the purpose of "com.apimac.notepad.v4cclib" in

codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" -i "com.apimac.notepad.v4cclib" "$app_vcomp"/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib

I don't see that in other example I found on the web. When I remove it and use (my equivalent for my app)

codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" -i "$app_vcomp"/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib

the signing process goes well (no complaints from Terminal).

Jon