App Store rejection - Erne app also rejected ...

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Jan 24 10:24:05 CST 2012

On 1/24/12 4:45 PM, "Ernesto Giannotta" <erne at apimac.com> wrote:

Please include the line below in follow-up emails for this request.

Follow-up:  186930522

Hi Erne,
Hi Jon,

> anyway this will not work all the same, just got rejected again:
>
>> The use of non-public APIs can lead to a poor user experience should these
>> APIs change in the future, and is therefore not permitted. The app includes
>> unorm_isNormalized from the framework '/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib'.
>>
>> If you have defined a method in your source code with the same name as this
>> API, we suggest altering your method name so that it no longer collides with
>> Apple's private API to avoid your application being flagged in future
>> submissions.
>>
>> Alternatively, this API may reside in a library included with your
>> application. If you do not have access to the library's source, you may be
>> able to search the compiled binary using "strings" or "otool" command line
>> tools. The "strings" tool can output a list of the methods that the library
>> calls and "otool -ov" will output the Objective-C class structures and their
>> defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the
>> problematic code resides.
>
> Apple just doesn't like that method name is the same as in its private APIs
> so, no go
>
> I'll rebuild using old vale 4.x but for 5 Ruslan has to find some not private
> method in place of this

1) We have see exactly THIS text with Jon 10 days ago,
When they rejected it first time...

2) Their support-engineer have told us that coping of their ICU inside of
.app should work.

I think, that Jon and may be you together now  again touch Jason - support
guy,  about this new reject even with our copy of ICU.

This is absolutely MISTAKEN politic  I believe.

Because look guys, EVEN if tomorrow we will add
    ICU as absolutely own build, it also will contains that function name.

RIGHT ?!

So Apple is going reject ALL applications that use ICU ????????

This is not right of course.

Please keep talks to Apple.
They do mistake here.

MAY BE Apple will MARK your apps as using OWN ICU copy,
And will not reject future.