App Store rejection

jda jda at his.com
Tue Jan 24 07:39:38 CST 2012

>> codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <my company
>> name>" -i
>> "com.company.app.mas" "$app_vcomp"/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib
>>

>> and here are the two error messages:
>>

>> codesign_allocate: can't allocate code signature data for:
>> /Users/jon/Desktop/AppName.app/Contents/vcomponents/
>> libvkernel_fat_release.dyl
>> ib (for architecture i386) because larger updated load commands do
>> not fit
>> (the program must be relinked using a larger -headerpad value)
>>

>> /Users/jon/Desktop/AppName.app/Contents/vcomponents/
>> libvkernel_fat_release.dyl
>> ib: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
>>

>> My code looks just like yours. Do you have any idea of what the
>> problem is?
>
> A Guess.
>
> Exists some header of some size.
>
> We do not specify it for vkernel as well for any other ...
>
> Your own signature is too long to fit this header.
> Erne's signature was shorter ..
>

> But then not clear why only vkenrel dll give you such issue.
> By idea all and each should be

Hi Ruslan,

It says something about the -headerpad value.

I did a search for this and found someone else with this error. The
solution is supplied here:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2011/Jun/msg00212.html

It seems there is a setting in XCode you can set for building the
dylib that will take care of this...

Jon