App Store rejection

Ernesto Giannotta erne at apimac.com
Sun Jan 22 11:51:39 CST 2012

OK, I've managed to upload the app.

The error I was getting was due to the package name containing a space.

But I'm suspecting the error jda gets is due to the inclusion of the ICU library.

The ICU lib is codesigned by apple and this doesn't match with the certificate identity.

I codesign all the libraries included in the bundle and hope Apple will like this.

Here's the script I use:

#####################################
# Codesign the libraries
#####################################

codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" "$app_frmw"/V4CC.framework/Versions/A/V4CC
codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" -i "com.apimac.notepad.v4cclib" "$app_vcomp"/libvshared_fat_release.dylib
codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" -i "com.apimac.notepad.v4cclib" "$app_vcomp"/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib
codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" -i "com.apimac.notepad.v4cclib" "$app_vcomp"/libvclient_fat_release.dylib
codesign -f -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: <your identity here>" -i "com.apimac.notepad.v4cclib" "$app_vcomp"/libicucore.A.dylib

# WX (required for VREPORT only)
#codesign -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Ivan Gobbo" "$app_vcomp"/libwx_mac.dylib
#codesign -s "3rd Party Mac Developer Application: Ivan Gobbo" "$app_vcomp"/libvreport_fat_release.dylib

the -f option will force any previous signature to be removed
the -i option adds a bundle identifier to the signature, and it's omitted when signing V4CC because it already has a bundle identifier

hope this makes sense ;-)