Speed up SQL

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Jan 10 10:37:50 CST 2012

Hi Ruslan,

On 10.01.2012, at 16:34, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Yes, tune info not helps too much ...
> And it seems it loose some operation about

Okay, will try again. I had to copy this line by line!

> But I have take look on query again,
> Why you use HAVING to filter records of Message table?
> You can try do this in WHERE clause ?
>
> WHERE
>     Message.MessageBody REGEX '(?i)osmer

This is so very fast, I already tried this. But, this won't work for 2 reasons:

- The messagebody isn't part of the listbox that shows the result.
- I've got a second condition for searching attachments, which absolutely can't be part of a where. Or I would get duplicates - I think.

> Also keep in mind it is possible specify additional conditions even in the JOIN clauses:
>
> FROM
>         Message INNER JOIN Mailbox ON Message.MailboxID = Mailbox.RecID AND Message.MessageBody REGEX '(?i)osmer

I'll have a look at this.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals