VERSION 5

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Feb 25 07:58:52 CST 2012

On 2/25/12 9:54 AM, "F. Kneubuehl" <f.kneubuehl at ysd.ch> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> As I see, version 5 well be out shortly. I have 4 questions:
>
> 1)      Is the file structure compatible to v4.x or in other words can I use a
> v5 DB with v4.6?

Yes as I remember.

> 2)      Do I have to reorder license files e.g. for 10 additional users or can
> my customers use the already owned one?

You mean with VDN?

By idea yes. But should be check yet.

Logic is that MS SQL, Oracle, other db server are sold on per-server basis.
MySQL was license per server per year.

We give royalty free license of vserver_embedded with 5 connections,
And charge for additional connections at less price then INFINITY.

To upgrade your N clients to new version, yes they should get renew of their
licenses.

> 3)      Which version of VC do you use or in other word do I have to deploy
> any run time libraries as in v4.x (VC5)?

We use Visual 2010, and yes it require own runtime libs.
 there was folder MSRT8.0...
 now will be 9.0

> 4)      Do you need beta tester ­ here I am!

Of course.

We start correct installers now for mac and win,
Then upload first wave of beta builds for all products.

You can check our blog for last weeks to see major steps we did

And ... We have describe not all steps yet :)

We going to make few big surprises yet from marketing point of view