Updating record takes seconds

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 21 10:17:48 CST 2012

Hi Ruslan,

On 21.02.2012, at 09:11, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Without indexes ???
>
> Somehow not fast ...
>
> Without blobs, without indexes table with 19 fields,
> make 100K inserts in about 3 seconds.
>
> Not sure how blobs slow down ...
>
> May be you insert big enough BLOBs (e.g. 5-10KB) but have too small segment
> (e.g. 128 bytes), so you get long segment chains inside of a BLOB value ...
> Then try make it 1024 bytes to see if this helps …

This is the result of a complex algorithm and the database is after adding records about 1 GB. So for me the time is okay. The segment size already is 1024 bytes.

On 21.02.2012, at 09:19, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 2/20/12 12:30 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> The index was the problem. However, re-indexing in Realbasic still makes the
>> app unresponsive.
>
> What if make command from thread  and lock GUI
> Show some progress bar of endless type ?

Come on, Ruslan, I'm not a beginner. I'm already using a combination of thread/timer for this sort of stuff. This works nicely everywhere except for the re-indexing. But perhaps I'm doing something stupid here. Will make an example next weekend.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals