REPAIR

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Feb 21 09:25:08 CST 2012

On 2/21/12 4:07 PM, "F. Kneubuehl" <f.kneubuehl at ysd.ch> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> Hi Ruslan
>
> Clone ­ in our case ­ runs between 1.5 and 8 hours for a DB with 500 to 1500
> MB. I asked you (private e-mail) to look if the API call .SetBlank probably
> could harm a DB (but no answer since).

Let me check letters.

I am overloaded by 5.0 version ...
Please put any bug issues into Mantis.
Mantis can read every member of our team and may be answer you faster.

SetBlank() can affect infact only  BLOB fields.
Do you get troubles in BLOBs ?

> And an interesting finding: the first
> clone was very slow (also if diagnose founds no error) but a following clone
> was much faster. Why?

May be because cloned db becomes much smaller by size ?

Note, that if your db gets many deleted records,
You can try periodically use db.Compact()

> However, the REPAIR should only recalculate the segment addresses ­ if
> possible

Yes ... Depends on kind of corruption.

We all now push here 5.0  -- should be closed a lots issue with possible
corruptions. We very hope on this ...