V4RB (2 questions)

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Feb 19 15:44:42 CST 2012

On 2/19/12 7:04 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

Hi Christian,

> With V4RB 4.9.1, what is the fastest way to insert a large number of records
> in a table ?

> Must I choose sql insert or addRecord in the table or another way ?
>
> I have change from INSERT to addRecord (VTable) but I have no really
> difference of speed (??)

Ways to add records from slow to faster:

A) INSERT                                e,g, 80 secs
B) INSERT with binding            e.g. 20 secs
C) Vtable.AddRecord               e.g 8 sec
D) Vtable.AddRecord  and get Refs to fields before loop -- 2 sec

Also when you do batch operation on table,
It can be good idea disable indexes

    Vtable.IndexChanges = FALSE

        do job

    Vtable.IndexChanges = TRUE

> Other : Do you work on V4RB cocoa ?

As I know V4RB works in cocoa far ago ...