VNET 5 --journaling

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Aug 12 00:48:29 CDT 2012

On 8/12/12 1:33 AM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at genericobjects.de> wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

> On 2012-08-11, at 22:31, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In case of app crash, on next open if engine see journal,
>> It checks it to see if any inconsistency present.
>> If yes, then return back to latest saved state.
>
> Will there be entries in the log file about this?

no

Well, adk apps usually do not have logs.
May be only warnings.log, but in release it is disabled usually by developer

> If yes, what to search for, so I can check logs from the last 10 days to find
> anything like this did happened.

I think you mean vserver.log yes?

Not sure anybody else do this.
Lets see what Ivan think about this ...

In theory it is possible yes

...open
...journal rollback happened.

But why you think this is subject of interest ?

2) note that we have provide in 5.0 for all ADKs one more new function to
check before open() if journal exists and will happens rollback.
I do not remember now its exact name, present in /dokuwiki5/

Vstudio use this already, to display in this case dialog

        Dear user,
        Vstudio have found that right now will happens rollback.
       You may want backup db + journal

But frankly saying we say this just in case ...
Having backups allow send us that 2 files later in case of any troubles.

3) You can also enable/disable journaling for any db at any time.

4) in ideal in theory you should not care about journal at all.