Query in Valentina Studio pro

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Aug 4 11:15:21 CDT 2012

On 8/4/12 5:07 PM, "roy" <roy at assistent.no> wrote:

Hi Roy,

Okay, then please note that $P()  is wrong here.
 it is for subreports

1) You need at first create report in Vstudio using some test db.
Do not think about parameters here.

2) in REALbasic, you can specify
  * absolutely other DB
  * and other query in the WHERE part ...

It is only important, that query in RB produce cursor with  the same fields
and the same names of fields.

You see?

So in RB you need male SQL string using string concatenation, which looks in
result as:

 SELECT Customer.FirstName, Customer.LastName, Customer.CompanyName,
 Customer.Address, Customer.ZipCode, Customer.City, Customer.Phone,
 Customer.PaymentCode
 FROM  Customer
 WHERE Customer.Client = 1

3) also make sure that you have check
           V4RB/Examples/Reports

They contain each
  a)  .vsp file prepared in Vstudio
  b) RB projects that use it
       RB project generate some db for example ...