Location for journal file

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Apr 11 12:36:24 CDT 2012

> The Applications folder (Mac) should just hold the app, not data (and
> this is enforced by the Mac App Store, btw). Associated data (i.e a
> journal) should be stored in ~/Library/Application Support/TheApp/

wait.

Application folder yes -- .app here only.

But where you keep your dbs?
May be in Documents, may be on desktop

Journal is created for  mydb.vdb in the same folder where it is.

Journal is Associated  NOT to application !!
For each open db is created its own journal.

> Why not lets developers set the path for the journal in the database?

Well, may be future we will improve this ...

We far ago keep in mind ability to put each of db volume to separate HDD.
This should speed up things ... But this is actual for very big overloaded
systems ...