Field Type ARRAY? Field Type SET?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Oct 27 04:04:13 CDT 2011

On 10/27/11 11:51 AM, "Karl Grob" <kgrob at mus.ch> wrote:

> Look at
>
> http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vkernel
> :vfield:collections:array
>
> where it says:
>
> tbl.CreateArray(
> fldArray",        // filed name
> kTypeShort,       // item type
> kTypeVarBinary,   // storage type
> 2044,             // max number of items
> fNullable + fIndexed +  fSorted
> );
>
> This description (2 FileTypes!) is odd.

Why it is odd?

Idea here is that

KTypeShort -- specify type of ITEM of the array.
    you may be want BYTE, SHORT, LONG, DOUBLE items, right?

KTypeVarBinary[2044]  -- specify which column infact will be used to store
array on disk.  Can be VarBinary and BLOB ...

But again, this was draft. And we checking SQL 2003 spec ...
We should follow to it anyway ... But may be with own extensions...
We will see.

=============
> I want to save different attributes of a Text (kind of corrections by an
> author, status of a Manuskript etc.) and they should be searchable. I know
> that I can do this with a VarChar and FindContains, but this is not indexed.

Let you have in T1 field TEXT.

Let you have table T2 "Corrections" with fields

    ObjectPtr           pointer to T1 table
    VarChar             corrections ...             INDEXED.

Why you say it cannot be indexed ?

========
> BTW: I don't think that it is a good idea to include stuff into the
> documentation that is not yet realized. Maybe my english is too poor, but for
> me, 'draft' means that the documentation is not yet in a final stage. It does
> not say that the thing itself doesn't exist yet.

Yes, I will add more visible warning that this is under development.