RB: isLinked?

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Tue Nov 22 03:18:17 CST 2011

I try to explain:

I have a list of Records with Text-Fields (In fact records of a DBF-Clipper DB). Part of the fields are imported into a tblVariants.
One of the field "Kat" has a short string in it. Lets say: "Vuz  aAK"
Every char in this string has a meaning V means "THe author did correct this Word" etc.
Instead of this way (in the Clipper DB), in Valentina I use a linked Table lets say "tblCategories" with records representing the Meaning of V, u, z etc.

Now I read the fields in the DBF-Data, add a record to tblVariants and link the record to tblCategories for every meaningful char in DBF-Field "Kat".

If I would try to link the same DBF-record twice to tblVariants the error should be thrown for every meaningful char in the field "Kat". But in my case (i don't link twice!) there is no error except for "a". Strangely the link is established anyway, so DB is correct. The process behaves as if it would add the link for char "a" before checking its existence.

Best regards
Karl