Getting recordcount of tables

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Nov 20 04:16:05 CST 2011

On 11/19/2011 2:40 PM, Beatrix Willius wrote:
> Why isn't the query
>
> select fld_name, fld_kind_str, fld_record_count from (show tables) where fld_kind_str = 'user'
>
> not getting any results anymore? The query executes - both Real.Studio and VStudio but has no records. I can't even say when this started working anymore. The query
>
> select fld_name, fld_record_count from (show tables) where fld_kind = 0
>
> gives the expected results.
>
> Oh, and using "user" with double instead of single quotes gives a nice kernel error: identifier user is not defined.
>
> Using Real.Studio 2011r3, Mac OS 10.7.2 and Valentina 4.9.1.
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
>
> Trixi Willius
>
> http://www.mothsoftware.com
> Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals

That value is in UPPER case now.

select fld_name, fld_kind_str, fld_record_count from (show tables) where fld_kind_str = 'USER'

Double quotas are for identifiers - not a string literals:

select "f1" from "t1" where "f1" = 'string literal'

so "user" was treated as some variable/field name.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database