class way in Realbasic

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Nov 18 14:15:08 CST 2011

On 11/18/11 9:18 PM, "Paxdo Presse" <paxdo at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If we use the class way (REALbasic),
> I feel you can not upgrade an existing database (add a new table for example).
>
> Apparently, Valentina does more then open the data file. Right?

Right,

But you can upgrade schema of course and we have example of this
Hmm. ... Where it is

And Example Guide do not have it ...

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:exam
ples:guide:guide

Strange...

May be in docs was pointed ...

Steps are:

1) when you start to have few versions of db schema
You should use
    db.SchemaVersion  property

2) So you check

    if ( db.SchemaVersion =1 )
        Convert_1_2()

    if ( db.SchemaVersion = 2 )
        Convert_2_3()

3) in Convert methods, you open db NOT as
    MyDatabase , but just as  VDatabase.

And just change db as you need using SQL or API.
Up to you.

Then you close this Vdatabase object and open it as MyDatabase class