Valentina and Web application (multithread)

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Nov 15 11:27:33 CST 2011

On 11/15/11 7:09 PM, "Paxdo Presse" <paxdo at mac.com> wrote:

> But I'm not a very experienced developer.
>
> Just open (with timeout if blocked) and close the mutex valentina on every
> request, or it's more complicated?
>
> REALbasic is it reliable in its handling of mutex?

I am not aware.

Remember was times threads in RB was NOT preemtive.
If this is changed?

> Another problem with standalone valentina: If a user launches a major
> operation (like update thousands of records with join), all other users can no
> longer work and will be blocked.

Well, yes, this may happens.

But as I have told, we have start intensive work on making Valentina engine
A) thread safe
B) parallel for algorithms

> So, there valentina server, but I like the simplicity of standalone, its API
> commands, and especially the fact that the installation/maintenance is very
> simpler for the customer.

May be there is sense offer two versions? First based on local db only. If
they meet issues offer switch to server. Tradeoff.