VStudio Clone puzzle, also, persistent record lock

Robert Nichols robert at formworkusa.com
Thu Nov 10 09:32:42 CST 2011

I'm trying to use the current version of Valentina Studio to clone a database.

First problem: I try to do the clone on the machine where Office Server is running, but I shut down Office Server and try to open *.vdb file locally. VStudio says it cannot open file. Strange, as Server was successful in opening and serving database.

Second problem: So, I start Office Server, use VStudio to connect to served db via localhost. All good. When I invoke the "Clone" command, I am asked to name new file. I do, then VStudio does a little work, then complains that the file I named "does not exist". Funny, since I was expecting VStudio to create the file. Kernel error: 0xffffffd5.

Finally, I am trying to clone because a record remains locked even after stopping and restarting Office Server. I can start the server, go straight to VStudio, execute a very simple sql statement "select *, recid from phases where recid = 1163" requesting RW cursor and get an error message indicating record is locked. Restart server…same result.

Grateful for any help.

robert nichols

formwork architecture llc
114 3rd st ne | charlottesville, va 22902 | 434.296.2223 | formworkusa.com