[DISCUSSION] [MAC] it is time to drop PPC it seems ...

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Nov 9 03:18:59 CST 2011

Hi Guys,

I wana ask you, especially V4RB, V4REV, V4MD users

What you think if for v5.0 we will drop support of PPC an OS X  10.4

Apple yet in XCODE 3.2.6 (May 2011) have drop at all PPC builds. Wow.
And XCODEs 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2  arleaddy shipped.

Mother-company already not supports PPC more than half of year.

Problem for us (Paraigma) is that if we want jump to this newer XCODE
versions we will not be able produce PPC branch.

Also they use GCC 4.2 on default, and also they drop OS X 10.4 ...

We have delay self half year to jump to new tools... Now when we switch some
macs to 10.7 we cannot even install xcode 3.2.x here.

========
So it seems to me support of PPC now requires unreasonable efforts ..

Also I expect sooner of later, REALBasic and Revolution will become 64 bits,
and therefore intel only ...

What you think?