Problem building V4RB on new Mac

jda jda at his.com
Sun May 22 16:42:25 CDT 2011

>> Failure Message: can't find plugin method Valentina.DebugLevel (Assigns
>> inLevel as integer)
>>
>> Can you or anyone else guess what the problem is?
>
> Sounds like script did not install  vcomponents fodler inside of .app
>
> Please check that .app really do not contains vcomponents
> After script work.
>

> And if yes check script output
> I think some error will be there
>

> Did you have on new MAC other verion of OS X ?

Hi Ruslan,

I'm using the same OS on both Macs (10.6.7).

Yes, vcomponents is installed in the app bundle by the script.

Yes, there are lots of script errors, but I had them on the old Mac, too. The first is

cp: /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/VSDK.framework: No such file or directory

followed by a bunch that all look like this:

/pathname/install_vcomponents_v4rb_v4 edited: line 58: install_name_tool: command not found
/pathname/install_vcomponents_v4rb_v4 edited: line 61: install_name_tool: command not found
etc.

(I edited the install script long ago to leave out components I didn't need. And it has worked fine on two other Macs for years).

Line 58 in the script is

install_name_tool -id "@executable_path/../vcomponents/libvshared_fat_release.dylib" "$app_vcomp"/libvshared_fat_release.dylib

Line 61 is

	install_name_tool -id "@executable_path/../vcomponents/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib" "$app_vcomp"/libvkernel_fat_release.dylib

I can send you the script if that will help clear this up.

Jon