RS 2011r1 compile error -- followup

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Mar 9 10:42:18 CST 2011

Hi Jon,

>>> boReferences.declaration: This property shadows a property of a
>>> different type (id as VLong)
>>>
>>> boFormat.declaration: This property shadows a property of a
>>> different type (id as VShort)

So this is not V4RB API,
But your own name of field?
Right?

I think that new REALbasic have start use  'id' as keyword,
So you have got conflict with them

Btw, remember our tip to use
        fldID
        tblPerson
In names of fields and tables?

> I've found that renaming the properties in the base object (to "ids")
> and assigning them  to the newly created "id" fields in the
> constructor, such as
>
>    ids = CreateShortField("id")

Aha, so this was PROPERTY in your class I see now
Yes you just rename it ... And this fix It of course

You not rename field of table itself on db level ...

> doesn't trigger the error, and AFAICT the app works normally with
> previously created databases. Is there any potential problem that I'm
> missing? Or is this solution OK?

Yes.