Convert to Varchar Problem

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 07:47:53 CDT 2011

Hi Ivan,

thinking a bit more about your reply, I now believe that you are correct. IsUnique doesn't make sense for Text fields. This raises 3 questions:

- Should't this be impossible to compile?
- Why does it work for me but not for my customer?
- How do I best fix this for my customer? Fortunately, the software hasn't been released, yet. So it's only a handful, who have this version. Can I simply ignore the error and quietly change the field back to string?

On 23.06.2011, at 13:51, Beatrix Willius wrote:

> sorry my bad. The topic of the post is incorrect. I'm converting OTHER fields to varchar and THIS one from string to text. The data the field contains is unique, that's not the problem. But why wouldn't the data be unique after changing, this is the question?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.