Corrupt index

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Thu Jun 16 10:48:42 CDT 2011

Hi,

how and when exactly are indices created?

After adding data, my application does a diagnose. I now got the second user reporting a problem. Today I got a diagnose report with the following content:

Field: MessageBody. Index record count (26064) differ from field one (25924).
Problems found! ( Table: Message )

MessageBody is a Text field:

dim MessageBody as VText = new VText("MessageBody",  1*1024, EVFlag.fIndexed + EVFlag.fIndexByWords)

When writing to MessageBody I do the following:

    theCursor.field("MessageBody").setString theNewBody
    theCursor.UpdateRecord
    theCursor.SetBlank
    theCursor.Database.Flush

What could go wrong here? The only thing that I see is that theCursor.Database has been giving me problems some time ago. Does anyone else have an idea?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.