Creating a database not in the embedded server's folder

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Feb 27 03:07:37 CST 2011

On 2/26/2011 8:58 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
> It turns out my problem was the encoding for the connection.  I can
> make a local db with the ADK wherever and then register with the
> client adk using I_Server.  Unless this will cause a problem?

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:features:vcomponents:vclient&s[]=server&s[]=encoding
<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:features:vcomponents:vclient&s[]=server&s[]=encoding>
Valentina provides connectivity to many IDEs and languages that has
quite different supportedencodings. For example Adobe (Macromedia)
Director uses Latin-1, REALbasic uses UTF-8, VB6 uses UTF-16.

Solution that Valentina uses is: on connect client informs
ValentinaServeraboutencodingthis connection will use, and client start
send/get strings using thisencoding. ValentinaServeron the fly convert
all strings from/to thisencodinginto UTF-16, which Valentina engine uses.

Talking to vServer you have to pass any string-data  using declared
encoding.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc