What causes this error?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Feb 20 02:24:22 CST 2011

Hi Jon,

>> When exactly this error happens?
>> on db.open?  Else?
>>

>>> What does this error/message mean?
>>>
>>> Database Engine Error: 365826
>>> Database Engine Error: File does not exist.
>>>
>>> I have a user who reports it, and thinks it's a permission error. Is
>>> that right? What will cause this exception to be thrown? Is it only
>>> permissions? If so, I will change the wording to something more
>>> helpful, like "You need read/write permission to use this file" or
>>> something like that. If the exception is thrown for other reasons,
>>> too, of course I can't do that.
>>
>> I do not think that its permissions.
>>
>> You can have RO file, and engine will open it in RO mode then ..
>>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Yes, RB (RS now, I guess) and Snow Leopard. He's trying to open the database.
>
> It's on open, but I don't know if it's on db.open (I can't reproduce it on my
> machine, so I can't figure it out in the debugger). My app can also write to
> the database on open (to update things). What causes the "File does not exist"
> error, then?

DECLARE_ERROR(
   ERR_OS_FILE_NOT_FOUND                                       , 0x59502);

I have made search by sources
And I see next places

1)  not found our vresources/xml files  ..
  I think this happens on init()

2) Oops,  we throw this error also
When some internal embedded file is not found to be opened

3) void File_Mac::DoOpen()

        err = ::FSpMakeFSRef( pSpec, &fsRef );
        if( err )
            throw xOSFileError( ERR_OS_FILE_NOT_FOUND, get_Name().c_str() );

    if( err )
    {
        if( err == permErr )
        {
            const UChar* pName = get_Name().c_str();
            throw xOSFileError( ERR_OS_FILE_BUSY, pName );
        }
        else
        {
            const UChar* pName = get_Name().c_str();
            throw xOSFileError( ERR_OS_FILE_NOT_FOUND, pName );
        }
    }

I.e. When Valentina ask open some true OS file, but it is not found.
Your client do have db files of course ...

Only these 3 places.

* May be try diagnose db.

* try to move db to other place on HDD  and see if this help

* try to open this db by vstudio may be

* check its permissions just in case ..