64 bit shifting

Chris Jones cjones at daz3d.com
Fri Feb 18 10:34:14 CST 2011

To clarify what I am trying to do.  I have a table with 3 main columns
ULong fldHighID;
ULong fldLowID;
ULongLong fldCompleteID;

fldCompleteID is defined as a calculated field with the expression
"(highID<<32) + lowID", it is set to be indexed and unique.  However, when I
do the select "Select fldCompleteID FROM tblSample", I get a result that is
equal to "Select fldLowID FROM tblSample".  The fldHighID shift in the
expression for fldCompleteID seems to be done as if it were 32 bit.  Is
there a way to force a 64 bit calculation?

--Christopher Jones