Some server questions

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Dec 30 10:34:40 CST 2011

On 12/30/11 1:22 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

>> 1) What exactly you think YOUR users should be able do with VSERVER ?
>>    Vserver comes with idea ZERO - configuration.
>>
>> 2) You really want give into hands of 1000 or even 10,000 your possible
>> customers tools to change vserver?  Don't you think you will get nightmare
>> of support of results of their changes?

> No, of course this is only meant for admins. I'm not totally brainless, you
> know :-)

Admins ...

Aoy, what need do admins?

* Install / uninstall ?
* modify ini file -- any text editor for this

Can be considered
    * backup
    * diagnose
    * restore

Diagnose not hard integrate into your app.
    File
            Db Utilities
                Diagnose

Backup event little more hard ... Without vstudio/

Tell me please anything else what ADMIN may need todo ?

====
Again, main problem I see with give them access to Vserver Embedded,
Is your embedded signature.

You should not give it away to everybody ...

Vserver Office -- yes, open for such administration.
There is no embedded signature. Any app can access it.

And this is one of upgrade paths
    Vserver Embedded to VServer Office
To break this limit ...