bind array crashes Livecode

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:43:04 CST 2011

I have finally and (I think) definitively isolated this bind/array
crash to V4REV 4.8.

Before I submitted the bug report I tested with 4.9.1, and had the same crash.

In order to be able to predictably get the crash at my control, I have
had to make sure that all trace of Valentina is removed from my
system.

Then, installing 4.8 will produce a crash on using bind.rev.
Completely removing the content of the ~/Paradigma Software and
~/Documents/My Livecode prior to installing 4.9.1 ensures that no
crash happens with 4.9.1 using bind.rev.

Reversing this process means I can reproduce the crash scenario again.
 That was a time-consuming process, but at least the reproducibility
of circumstances means we can be more confident that it is not just a
random set of circumstances that produce the crash.

Are there Change Logs I can look at for versions 4.8 to 4.9.1?

Thanks Ruslan for all the efforts you went to try to reproduce the
crash. I accept that this bug does not occur in a later version, so I
have a route round the bug.

Bernard