bind array crashes Livecode

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 05:17:10 CST 2011

On the same Apple computer where I was getting the existing crashes to
do with the bind/array on Livecode 4.6.2/Valentina 4.8, I did already
try with Livecode 5.0/Valentina 4.9.1.  I mentioned that in the bug
report.  I got the same crash.

Anyway, I have just removed all trace of Paradigma software (I cleared
out the Valentina-installed items inside the Livecode folders, and
used the 4.8 Valentina install programme to uninstall both sets of
files installed by Valentina.

I then installed Livecode 5.0.2 (which I had never installbed before).
 I installed Valentina 4.9.1.  I went to the Valentina examples folder
and opend the 'bind' examle stack.

Livecode crashed again as soon as I clicked on the 'step 1' button.

So, I created a new user.  Installed LC 5.0.2 as that user. LC 5.0 was
also installed into that user's ~/Applications folder, so it is
unrelated to anything else.  Then I installed Val 4.9.1 under that
user id (creating a fresh Paradigma Software folder in the new user's
~/Applications directory .  I ran your install.rev using LC running as
that user, which created the relevant database
drivers/db4valentina.bundle etc. in ~/Documents/My Livecode.

When I go to ~/Paradigma Software and run the V4REV examples there, as
soon as I click on the 'bind' example stack's button 'step 1', LC
crashes again.

So I have tried this using different versions of LC, different
versions of Val, and as different users on this computer.  And still
it consistently crashes for me.

Should I be doing something else before I click on the 'step 1'
button?  That is, do your examples expect some previous setup step
before the examples are used?

Each time I have been careful to uninstall old Valentina components.
Could it be related to me installing the free Valentina Server last
week?  I have never used this server.  How can I make sure that it is
uninstalled, so that this is eliminated from consideration.

Bernard