Detecting corrupted index

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Aug 30 07:44:59 CDT 2011

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> If I understand your question, then no, I'd expect any new options to
> be 4.9.x or 5.x. Ideally, I'd like to do a diagnose and instead of
> getting a boolean (no problems/problems), I'd like more information
> returned. At the very least it would be helpful to know where the
> problems were found: indexes, tables, database. If only indexes have
> a problem, I would just need to reindex, no need to clone.

Well guys,

Good news for 5.0 - we develop now rollback journal.
So in case of any crashes or sys failures, on next open
Db files are recovered from journal

This is not transactions yet, with API as start/commit/rollback
But in fact quite important step.

But I see your idea with more info in result of diagnose ...

I think that this is weak enough improve from one side ...
Have info that some table or some index broken ...
On the other hand -- this info can be used in switch
To choose between Clone and Reindex ...