Destroyed database

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Aug 13 00:26:53 CDT 2011

On 8/11/11 11:35 AM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at qvgps.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

>> This will be feature for 5.0
> sorry, but this doesn't help for now.

This will be really soon, 1-2 months as we hope.

> We have support-cases like this regulary, maybe twice a month.
> In most cases we can repair it with a database-clone, but what it the reason
> and how can I avoid it?

We think that we do not have really major bugs now in engine, that can cause
such corruption bugs. Because we have for long time - many users, that have
very different dbs by size and usage behavior.

For now you can make sure that you have db.flush()  after each WRITE
operation: INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, changes in db schema ...
ASAP.

May be consider make cache bigger -- 10-20-40 mb
If you have less now.