valentina encryption

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Aug 1 00:27:05 CDT 2011

On 7/31/2011 9:22 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> On 7/31/11 7:06 PM, "Brent Austin"<brent1a at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
> Hi Brent,
>
>> I'm new to integrating db's into apps but 'm curious about the Valentina
>> Blowfish encryption: How exactly is the encryption handled with Valentina db?
>> Does it support on-the-fly encrypt-decrypt, for example client-side decrypt&
>> server-side encrypt?
>
> At first lets consider local only engine.
>
> * when db page is loaded into cache -- it is decrypted.
> * when db page is saved to disk -- it is encrypted.
> Page is 4Kb
>
> So yes, on the fly.
> Minimal needed amount
>

> Client/server -- blowfish now plays here.
>    if you want encrypted protocol then just use SSL

In other words there are two different features:
   - db-engine encryption - let you ability to encrypt whole database or
particular tables or even particular fields only.
   - SSL vClient-vServer connection - let you ability to encrypt the
whole net traffic between your app and vServer.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database