[V4RB] Two cursors at once?

Bill Mounce rb at teknia.com
Thu Apr 28 18:06:42 CDT 2011

I understand that you can't have two read/write cursors open on the same database at the same time, but shouldn't you be able to have one open and another read only cursor open on the same database? I am on 4.8.

I have been using Valentina forever, and maybe this is something that has changed over the years. In fact, I thought I remembered reading it somewhere.

But whenever I have a read/write cursor open, and when I execute the following command with a second, local cursor, I always get a VException:

tCursor = myDatabase.SQLselect( strSQL, EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadOnly, EVCursorDirection.kForwardOnly )

Should this SQLSelect cause a problem?

Thanks.

Bill