Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Apr 18 03:37:23 CDT 2011

On 4/18/2011 10:45 AM, Beatrix Willius wrote:
> When trying to load a dump I get an error message:
>
> Date value "07/13/2007" is invalid. Illegal symbol at "3" position.
>
> At the moment my system with Mac OS 10.6.4 is set to english with
> german dates. My problem sounds similar to the one from Stan Busk from
> beginning of 2009 (see below). Unfortunately, I couldn't find an answer.
>
> Using Valentina 4.8 and RB2010r5.

Modern Valentina dumps including necessary meta-data like datetime
formats. So load dump procedure is able to tune up the system and
successfully load the data. Meanwhile it is possible to be no such
meta-data in the dump file. In this case you should either add it
manually to the dump file or set appropriate date-time format calling

set property DateTimeFormat OF DATABASE TO 'kMDY';
set property DateSeparator OF DATABASE TO '/';

(or do the same via API) before load ump.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database