Valentina and iDisk

Claudius Sailer claudius.sailer at me.com
Sat Apr 16 14:35:51 CDT 2011

Hi Beatrix,

I am using Valentina V4RB with my iDisk. Before I had Database with name I liked and a second file for index. *.ind. The database was recognized from the application by the Apple type and Creator. THis doesn't worked with iDisk. This informations are lost after copying to iDisk.

I made following changes.

I added ending to the database file and changed application that it recognizes db by ending. Now my database files are

xxx.MoCo and xxx.MoCo.ind and everything is fine. with your problem I would at first delete the index file and try it again. An other problem is, when you try to open database and iDisk in synchronizing at this moment you also get en error "Database can't be opened because it is in use by another application.". Then I wait until iDisk is finished synchronisation and everything is fine again to open db.

I hope this helps a little bit.

bye

Claudius