Search problem with V4RB4.8.1

jda jda at his.com
Wed Apr 13 15:21:48 CDT 2011

>On 4/11/11 4:23 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Jon,
>
>A) diagnose
>B) reindex
>
>Not helps right?
>
>Then I think best of all put into mantis some simple test db.
>
>As I understand first query in Vstudio 4.7 and 4.8 will return different
>results, right ?
>
>Then we can test here and compare

Hi Ruslan,

I tested this search bug in 4.9b10 and still there. The problem may
be in the sql parser.

Here are two identical searches except for search order.

This search fails:

select id,hit from thereferences where RecID in (1) AND
(left([allFields], 10) = 'maturation') AND (left([allFields], 2) =
'of')

But this search works:

select id,hit from thereferences where  (left([allFields], 10) =
'maturation') AND (left([allFields], 2) = 'of') AND RecID in (1)

I've entered this in Mantis.

Jon