VServer temp join table

justin at crunch-recording.com justin at crunch-recording.com
Tue Sep 21 05:51:51 CDT 2010

>> What would be awesome is if I could just somehow pass a
bitset!  That
>> way I
>> could say...ok server,
take this bitset match it up on the main database
>> and
>> give me the results sorted by...x and grouped by n.  But
nothing in the
>> C++
>> SDK jumps out.
>

> What about this method and similar:

virtual BitSet_Ptr            FindValue(

Const_I_Value_Ptr   inValue = NULL,
>          Const_BitSet_Ptr
 inSelection = NULL,
>          ESearch
inSearchPref = kPreferIndexed  ) const =
> 0;
>

> InSelection a a bitset in the scope of which will be done next
search.

Hi Ruslan,
That works if I just want to
search within, although at that point i've found maintaining my own list
and doing a search and then doing an intersection of the results is
faster.  If this interface allowed me to execute a specific SQL query
while providing the bitset, that'd be great.  (For those times where
I need to sort a result set of recid's, or group them).  I know its
unconventional and probably not that many other people would find a use
for it, but if you think its doable i'll add it to mantis!

>> Offlist, Ruslan mentioned a temporary table, I guess I need
more info on
>> this... [example sql?] what possible
optimizations can I do?  Is there
>> such a
>> thing
as a temporary client side table that can be pushed / committed to
>> the
>> server after being built.
>
> VCLIENT itself do not work with tables.
>

> Just few days ago, we have comit to CVS, new API method

  CopeCursorToNewTable()

> Just uploaded V4CC 4.8b6
already have it.

That's exciting, but it seems there
is no way to manually create an I_Cursor by hand!  But a useful
feature none-the-less

Tnx

Justin

> This method allows you e.g. copy cursor from remote db1 to LOCAL
client
> side
> db2 (disk or RAM).
>
> So