Missing Response

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Oct 23 08:00:14 CDT 2010

Hi Ruslan and gang,

because I think that the issue I'm now seeing may be something different. Can you test the following code:

Private v As VDatabase

  Valentina.Init(40 * 1024 * 1024, "", "" , "")

  'dim f as folderitem = specialFolder.Desktop.Child("Mail Archive.vdb")  'works for Cocoa and Carbon, change as needed
  dim f as FolderItem = GetOpenFolderItem("")  ' works for Carbon, doesn't work for Cocoa

  if f = nil then exit
  v = new VDatabase
  v.open(f)

  beep

Exception err as VException
  'database couldn't be opened
  msgbox str(err.ErrorNumber) + ":" + err.Message + "."

  beep

The error message is "File Unknown doesn't exist". Tested with RB2010R4 and V 4.7 on Mac OS 10.6.4. Perhaps I'm only senile. But before I create a Feedback report and Real Software tells me after a year that this is a Valentina issue, I prefer being a bit persistent here on this list.

And this issue really makes working with Cocoa and Valentina very awkward. So far I haven't looked at the issue with the SchemaVersion again.

Am 22.10.2010 um 23:26 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 10/22/10 7:15 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> what's up? I sent a message to Ruslan and Ivan on the 9th. On the 13th I sent
>> a message to this list. And the result was nothing. Is there a weeklong
>> national holiday is Russia? Did my emails not register? Did I miss something?
>
> Beatrix,
>
> I believe we have sent our resume to your question.
> WE think this is RB cocoa bug,
>
> But you sent us again some project for tests.
>
> Why not to REAL ??

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.