RB and Cocoa?

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Oct 2 09:56:21 CDT 2010

Ah, the mailing list is working again.

This seems to be a Realbasic problem and not a Valentina one. Still very odd: To make things work in both Valentina and the latest Realbasic version I had to add the file ending. But the file to open was without ending. The odd thing is that this works okay in Carbon, but Cocoa pukes on the file.

Am 28.09.2010 um 17:30 schrieb Beatrix Willius:

> has anyone tested Valentina with the Cocoa option of Realbasic (2010r4b)? I'm getting error messages
>
> Error message: File "Š뇀Ä" does not exist.
> Error no: 365828
>
> The code isn't really complicated
>
>  ValentinaDB = new VDatabase
>  ValentinaDB.open(theFolderitem) -> error here
>
> The folderitem has the absolute path of  "Macci:Users:beatrixwillius:Desktop:Mail Archive.vdb".
>
> There is no error message for the same file when compiling to Carbon.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.